The Plain Conscious Initiative refers to our goal to become as ethical and sustainable as possible. Whenever you see the Plain Conscious logo, you know that your garment is not only ethically produced but is also sustainable.
Through our Plain Apparel, our customers have been able to physically “find comfort in simplicity” through the quality of our streetwear.
However, we have realised that there is another factor to comfort in regards to clothing; the mental aspect. The use of organic and/or recycled materials allows you to to find physical comfort in the high quality garment while also finding mental comfort, knowing that your clothes aren’t harming the environment; in essence giving you a “Plain Conscious" 😉
We aim to do this in three phases:
Phase 1 - COMPLETED
- Plain Accessories Organic Overhaul
- Bio-Degradable polybags for our stalls and deliveries
- A change from PVC to a eco-friendly heat transfer alternative
Phase 2 - COMPLETED
- Releasing our Plain Tracksuit range; an addition to our Plain Apparel that will house our high quality vegan garments, using organic cotton and recycled polyester in our cotton/polyblend pieces
- Stop production of all inorganic pieces.
- Releasing our new One With Nature Collection, a selection of nature themed pieces made from 100% organic and/or fairtrade materials
Phase 3 - COMPLETED
- Move our production of Plain Decks from China to the UK, reducing carbon emissions from shipping. We will be working with the biggest playing card manufacturer to achieve this!
- Move towards FSC certified cardstock
Phase 4 - Ongoing
- Removal of all plastic from our operations and production cycle. This is the ultimate goal here at The Plain Shop and we're constantly working towards this by looking for alternatives.
We have many ideas for producing more ethical products that are still in the pipeline so stay tuned.